Monday, June 22, 2015

Day One!

Ciao!   My name is Nick Riccio.  I'm turning 40 this coming November 2015 and I've decided to blog my health and fitness goals and the progress I make along the way to achieve those goals.  I promise to be honest with myself and to this blog, sharing my strengths and weaknesses, my victories and any challenges along the way.



I've been fit before (great health and 10% body fat), but for the past few months, I've really slacked off with my diet and exercise and the pounds came on quickly.  Originally, I was going to title this blog, "Fit by Forty," but my loving, supporting wife who wants the best for me, convinced me to question myself with "why end at 40" and challenged me to stop yo-yoing.  She's right about that.  I've pretty much yo-yoed my entire life with my weight while struggling with food addictions, splurging in secret etc.

So with a positive, victorious, champion mindset, I'm ready to run into battle and conquer these obstacles once and for all.  I will say, for this to happen, I'm fully depending on God's power for my mind to be renewed, to be set free once and for all from the bondage of food addiction, and for His grace to give me the strength needed to follow through with the lifestyle changes that are required for lasting results.

So here are my fitness goals to reach by November:

Reach a scale weight of 185 with a body fat percentage less than 12%.

Run a 7 minute mile.

Here's where I am now.

Today's starting weight, 232.6.


Sometime during this week I plan on running a mile as fast as I can to establish my base time. 

Just completed my first workout.  BRUTAL!!!



I plan on updating the blog weekly with my current weight, my weekly workout plan, and sharing my victories, struggles, etc.  Next weigh-in, Saturday, June 27th!


No comments:

Post a Comment