Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.

First things first... Praise God I made it through Day One while staying on track with my diet and completing my work out.  YAY!


AND I just completed my baseline mile time... I actually did a lot better than I thought I would.  I was hoping to break 9 minutes and I blew it up.  8:08!!!  I was VERY SURPRISED!!!   More praise to God for that.  Even though it's 2 minutes slower than my fastest mile last November, I'm happy with it and I know I'll get there.

Now let's lay out the plan that I'm going to use during this fat cutting phase.  For the majority of it I will be following Drew Manning's fit2fat2fit workout plan.  He's a trainer that was in great shape all of his life... until he decided to do an experiment to better relate to his clients.  He stopped working out for 6 months and ate the typical american diet during that time.  He gained 76 pounds!  Crazy.  Then for the next 6 months he followed his own personal workout and meal plan to lose all the fat and return to his original weight and body fat percentage.  He made all of this info available free to the public.  Check it out at www.fit2fat2fit.com.   It includes meal plans, workout plans, how to videos of the workouts, and even his weekly weigh-ins where you can watch his body transform out of shape and then back to his original starting point.



If you did check out the website, you'll even see a testimonial.  Yep that's me, and yes it is very humbling to admit I gained a lot of weight back that I lost last year.  Quite embarrassing, but I'm believing this is the end of yoyo dieting for me.  I know his plan works, so I'm going to do it again.

So here's some of my weekly guidelines:

*Acknowledge God daily.  I need His strength and grace for transformation.

*Weight training 3 days per week

*Cardio 2-3 days per week

*Not to exceed 1000 calories over my caloric goal on myfitnesspal on treat days/holidays.

*Be true and honest in logging my food intake

*Become best friends with those who are already doing what I plan to do for accountability.

That's pretty much it, but it's a lot for someone who's not used to doing all of these things over the past few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment