Sunday, July 5, 2015

Oh My Treat Meals



Every celebration seems to revolve around food!  LOL  Well this weekend was no exception. For me it involved the obvious July 4th bbq/sweet sixteen birthday party and a church pot luck dinner, which by the way I was asked to make my famous bbq ribs.  All of which are usually high fat, high sugar, and high calorie foods.   Not a good combination for fat loss.  Haha

I praise God for making it through this weekend with self-control and staying within my caloric boundaries that I set beforehand. So how did I do?   Well here's some pics of my food choices and 
portion sizes that I chose this weekend.  The calories shown above each picture display my total calories for the day, including all meals, not just the treat meals pictured.  

Saturday's treat meal...
 I started off with a salad with Ken's lite dressing.  Then I had one Popeyes fried chicken thigh.  Normally I would have chosen a chicken breast but there was none left.  I also had a slice of honey baked ham.  Yummy!   There was other carb choices available like baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and potato salad but they did not look that appetizing so I chose to go with fresh fruit.  Then comes dessert.  I was actually looking forward to the cake and ice cream but I actually didn't like the cake that much.  I took 2 small bites and then instead of finishing it, I chose to have more fresh fruit with cool whip.  This was not my typical high calorie treat meal.  It was actually pretty healthy besides the fried chicken.  Overall, I was very happy with the amount of self-control I had and not continually grazing and snacking on food which I normally would have done at parties in the past.  But this is a new day, a new season to be forever fit.  :)

And this is today's (Sunday) treat meal...

I started the day with a 28 minute, high intensity, chest and back circuit training because I thought today I would enjoy a larger variety of foods since we were going to a church pot luck.  I'm glad I did!   I had some yummy bbq ribs, bbq pulled pork, a couple Swedish meatballs, some lasagna and to make it a little healthy, a side salad.  lol. NOT PICTURED, that I also ate was a small 2" sliced Cuban sandwich, half of a fried chicken breast and half of a chocolate chip cookie.  Those foods were spur of the moment, "dad you want to share with me" decisions.  Since yesterday's treat meal was fairly healthy, I chose to say yes and limit my calories for the remainder of the day. 

Overall I am very, very happy with the self control I had.  I recognize it truly is a gift from God.  I went into this weekend with prayer beforehand because I knew I needed His help.  He didn't fail me.  His grace was strong and I am thankful for it. You may not understand this, but I know me and I know my past.  Last year on holidays or treat meal days I would very easily slip out of control and have 7000 calorie days.  There was definitely a difference today and I am thankful for transformation within me. Yay God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment