Sunday, August 2, 2015

Breaking Through



Yay another goal met!   My goal this week was to be at 215 and I weighed in at 214 yesterday morning (August 1st).  Our family had a busy day yesterday and I wasn't able to post my weigh-in.

Looking back over the past 5 weeks, I think my biggest struggle has been to take this journey slow.  There have been times in the past when I've been so focused on reaching a target goal weight that I would often sacrifice muscle loss because I would cut too many calories to drop weight fast.  When I was on low calorie diets, I would often find myself splurging every couple of weeks with a crazy 10000 calorie day all because I was denying myself food instead of training myself in living a balanced lifestyle.  After splurging, I would often feel horrible and cut even more calories to try and make up for the splurge.  This is a horrible recipe for fat loss and often results in muscle loss.  I can testify to this because I never progressed in my workouts and would often lose strength and endurance along my journey.  So I'm glad I'm taking things slow this time around and I'm focused on a lifestyle change, living a balanced life.

I must give credit to where it's due. I've been doing my best to commit each day, each workout, each meal, each desire and thought to God, to bring transformation from the inside out.  It's making a huge difference in helping to renew my mind for a lifestyle change versus a seasonal diet.  It's also helping me see the big picture, enjoying each day to the fullest, and not be so concerned about rushing to meet goals.  I also noticed that when I dedicate each workout to Him, it gives me faith to reach for supernatural breakthrough in my workouts.  I'm definitely achieving the best results I ever have in my nutrition and my workouts and for me that's breakthrough.   Yay God!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment