Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Struggle is Real


Down almost 2 pounds!   I'll take it.  :)  

Even though I had a good week on the scale, it's been a real struggle to keep my mind in a breakthrough mentality.   It started on Wednesday night when I only had 3 hours of sleep.   I decided to take a rest day on Thursday because with the lack of sleep I knew I couldn't put forth the intensity that my workouts demand and I did not want to put additional stress on an exhausted body.  I had a decent workout on Friday but then struggled again during this morning's cardio session. I truly had to rely on Him.  I had to dig deep and trust for His grace to manifest when I needed it most.  Sure enough, His grace is more than enough. Once again, He helped me press on when I just wanted to call it quits for the day.  

I thank God for His grace because it's been very evident that He has been carrying me through these last few days. 
It's His grace that gives me the ability to maintain a breakthrough mentality.  It's His grace that gives me the supernatural strength to believe that all things are possible.  It's His grace that says I can help you do another rep, increase the incline, sprint faster, push harder.  And He never fails me.  Not once.  Well His grace has been very real, carrying me when I personally wanted to call it quits.  It's His grace that always believes the best of me, that I'm a true champion even when I don't feel like it.... and in some way, somehow He convinces me that I am.     Priceless.  Oh I thank God for His grace.  

I'm officially 11 weeks out from my birthday.  Time is going by quick.  I've made great progress over the past couple months.  My greatest victory has been 62 continuous days without a splurge day.  That has NEVER happened in my entire life.  That alone is breakthrough.  That alone leaves me in awe.   That alone convinces me that He is more than able to accomplish more than we could ever ask or dream.  Yay God.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment